Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to build up a 94 3.9 Dakota and found out that performance parts are few and far between. Headers and an intake manifold are next on the list, but I can't find a manifold. Would a manifold for a 94 Ram 3.9 work? Anybody want to throw me a hint or am I shit outta luck?

H

·
0 Posts
Sol

The most you can do is polish the reachable areas of the intake...but not really worth it. THe Ram one is the exact same--but you could polish it, and bore the top to fit the TB of a 5.2 or a 5.9- stock or polished unit from Magnum Force. The boys on here can til you who what where whatwhatever

G

·
0 Posts
the bore to the holes need to be 2.25" to put the 318 throttle body. hope this helps.

M

·
0 Posts
Intake Mod Info.

greygoat94 said:
I'm just starting to build up a 94 3.9 Dakota and found out that performance parts are few and far between. Headers and an intake manifold are next on the list, but I can't find a manifold. Would a manifold for a 94 Ram 3.9 work? Anybody want to throw me a hint or am I shit outta luck?
What exactly are you interested in doing? What do you mean you are looking for an intake? Do you want to mod it? Or are you looking for a pre manufactured high performance intake like an M1? I am just about done modifying a intake for my '97 3.9. I got one from a junkyard & cut the runners down, removed the center divider & bored the ports out to match the V8 throttle body I also modded. Then I reduced the volume by welding aluminum plates into it. Also I'm going to add a home-made plenum cover with a home-made turtle attached. I hope to install it all soon. I've got a couple of pics but without the aluminum plates installed. Maybe this will give you an idea of what you CAN do to yours.

This actually isn't mine but is a better picture than mine. It's the same but he didn't have to remove the divider.

Here's my turtle!

And my TB! Sorry about the lousy pics. I'm still learning how to use the camera. ;)

I'm hoping to see gains of 10 to 15 HP!! :biggthump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts