Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
mine has the flows on. so i wouldn't know. just hit up a decent muffler shop and they can hold the piping up for you to hear before you bolt/weld it on.

· Your hero
438 Posts
SILENT said:
Does anyone know what a 3.9 sounds like with a high flow cat and no muffler with piping out the back.
It will be loud... like setting of car alarms with ease. I have the stock cat and no muffler on and it's pretty well... loud. Im going to be getting rid of my cat and putting a muffler on mine soon hopefully it will quiet down some. My piping stops about half way down the bed too.

G

·
3.9 with hi-flo exhaust

Dont know what that would sound like. I used a cheap cat-back exhaust from JC Whitney, Y pipe off cat and mufflers at end of pipes, sounded like doo-doo. Got a Flowmaster 40 with single in double out, cut Y off other pipe and put flowmaster inplace then cut mufflers off the pipe ends. Bent pipe ends down and tipped with chrome tips and tacked em on with a welder. Most people thought it was a V8, great sound and still passed emissions. Got sick of the V-6 and swapped a 4.7 ltr in and left exhaust the same, Great sound and performance!!! :biggthump

· Registered
253 Posts
mopar dak, i have the same thing and your right it is loud. all my friends with v8s hate it that my v6 is louder then theres, but yea its loud.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put the high flow cat on and have that piped out the back and its really loud. Dont know how it sounds from the outside but i can tell by the looks i get that it doesnt sound great lol. It cracks the air over 3000. I gota get a sound clip up.

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
try driving around with nothin but the manifold and down pipe on. Thats friggin awesome! All you gotta do is crawl under the front of ur truck and undo the pipe clamps and slide off ur exhaust. it works for me and its loud as hell. The panels in my truck all vibrate when its just idealing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.