Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im really tryin to go for a really clean look and i have a gibson single-in dual-out straight through muffler, the guy who owned it before me put on and he had it clamped instead of welded and i was wonderin if it would cause any probs if i just undid the clamps and removed the last section of exhuast to have it hidden or would i have to have a turn-down or would i have to get a muffler thats made for that? Also im pretty sure that my 3.9 has 3 cats, correct me if im wrong, but if i had a new y pipe made and ONE high-flow cat, would i be able to feel a gain or just sound?
thanx

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
you've already got headers, get a jba ypipe, Pn. JBA-2945Y and then a single hiflow cat, and then single in/single out muffler of your choice....from my research that is what is good all-around for a 3.9. I will be running that by the weekend, sans a cat converter.....I just dont have headers though, i want some bad

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok but the descriptiopn for that says that there are no bungs for the o2 sensors that are in the cats and i really dont wanna tie them to the frame and just let them hang and i dont wanna use o2 sims

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dunno i could just forsee problems with them not actually taking ne kind of reading, but i guess if anybody on here hasnt had any trouble with them i could try em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.