D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 3.7 has 210 HP and 235 TQ. It is better then the 3.9

·
Registered
37 Posts
Generally all of the newer engines, although smaller in liters (or inches) produce more HP and TQ. These engines tend to perform their numbers at higher RPM's than older style pushrod engines.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I have never ran my truck at the track, but it's a 2004 SXT reg cab short bed 3.7 auto and it moves good I can walk all over 3.9's I am in charge of the repairs for around 2000 trucks and let me tell you the 3.9L is junk I have replaced a S**T load in the past few months, the heads crack like hell, the 3.7L is way faster, and better. :rwhiz: 3.9

·
Your hero
561 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
I have never ran my truck at the track, but it's a 2004 SXT reg cab short bed 3.7 auto and it moves good I can walk all over 3.9's I am in charge of the repairs for around 2000 trucks and let me tell you the 3.9L is junk I have replaced a S**T load in the past few months, the heads crack like hell, the 3.7L is way faster, and better. :rwhiz: 3.9
Too bad those 3.7's only come in those heavy Gen III daks and run high 16's low 17's.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It don't matter what gen they came in, it's a better more powerfull engine hands down go drive a 03 Dak with a 3.9 and then drive a 04 Dak with a 3.7 and the 04 is going to smoke the 03. I will put my stock 3.7 up to any stock 3.9 I don't care what gen you have.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
:rofl: I wish you lived near by so I could accept that. I am yet to be beaten by a Gen III no matter what V6 it has.
What engine do you have a 3.9? I would race you. And i look at it this way, if my truck can get the job done I can alway go get the Stang. eaither way I win.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
Yes I have a 3.9 and it is going to do 360 in about a year. Comparing a V8 sports car to a V6 pick-up truck are we now?
no not really I allways like to have a back up plan (LOL) That will be cool if you do a 360 in a genII Dak. What year is your truck? rag cab? auto? any mods? My friend has a 03 S-10 ZQ8 reg cab auto 4.3 moded up and I run right with him, but he got cocky one day and i had the Stang out, let's just say he never got that cocky again.

·
Your hero
561 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
no not really I allways like to have a back up plan (LOL) That will be cool if you do a 360 in a genII Dak. What year is your truck? rag cab? auto? any mods? My friend has a 03 S-10 ZQ8 reg cab auto 4.3 moded up and I run right with him, but he got cocky one day and i had the Stang out, let's just say he never got that cocky again.
Its a 92 R/C, yes it is a auto. The mods done to motor are intake, exhaust, MP PCM and I have a TransGo shift kit that has to be installed along with a F&B 48mm tb that I also have to be put on still. Im gonna put the tb and shift kit on just because I have them but I am saving everything I can to do a 360 swap. As far as exterior mods it is lowered 2/4 on R/T wheels and sir michaels steel roll pan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
no way are you doing this. tell ya what, ill grab my 3.9, you grab your 3.7, ill win, you grab your stang, and ill grab my ws6, guess who's gonna win that one buddy. you did not have to start talkin tha smack cus theres always someone better out there.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
LBDAKOTA said:
no way are you doing this. tell ya what, ill grab my 3.9, you grab your 3.7, ill win, you grab your stang, and ill grab my ws6, guess who's gonna win that one buddy. you did not have to start talkin tha smack cus theres always someone better out there.
HA HA I don't really care who wins my truck is for driveing to work and hualing my bikes, I was just saying that the 3.7 is better than the outdated 3.9 ask any dodge dealer. plus look at the HP 175 on the 3.9 210 on the 3.7 Dude thats a big diffrence. And your right a WS6 is a faster car that my stang, but again I don't care, I got the stang because I always wanted a fox body stang, Plus I don't like GM. so Who cares they are both v6 trucks not race cars. I think you should just stay out of this me and mopar dak was just haveing a friendly dispute. By the way Mopar dak your truck sounds cool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
whoa whoa whoa killer, at ease. hey, if you guys are buddies then very well, carry on with the trash talk. just understand, your on a message board talking smack, so smack is gonna get talked back. sides, it kinda hard to tell you guys are buddies seeing as you didnt know jack about his truck. anyways, this subject is over, im just the empty can rattling.

oh yea, and my truck is pretty much a work truck too, i got more money in damages than i do in mods, its just mods are so much easier to do than repair. and its alot easier to beat up an already beat up vehicle than it is to beat up a pristine "sports car", as some people call it.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
No were not friends it was just hamless chater, I try to keep my truck nice, and it is hard to do t when your putting a dirty quad in and out of it. I take it that you don't driver the TA that much. I don't drive my Stang much either, got to keep the miles down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i hear ya. my problem is keeping my truck in shape even though i liked to (notice past tense) drive drunk all the time. and yeah, t/a is a 2000 with 19000 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts