Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking around and I see that there is the 2" lift coils, and then the 3" coils that require a new control arm as well. Is 3" the biggest there is? There's a pretty big price difference between the 2" boost and the 3" lift.

If I got the new control arm for the 3" spring, could I run a 3" spring and a 2" spacer to make it 5 inches? Probably not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right now I've got an 89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with a 3" lift and 33" tires that I use for any serious off roading. Before that I had a 1995 4Runner that was on 35's.

I've got a few reasons for wanting to lift it...

1) Every truck I've ever owned has sat way higher than my dakota and until I put this body lift on it felt like I was just driving a limo (It's a club cab with the full size bed... long and low to the ground)

2) I enjoy customizing my rigs, and although I have tons of respect for people who drop their trucks, that isn't my kinda thing. So if I'm not going to drop it, the only other direction is upwards.

3) Lets just face it, the truck will look way cooler this way

4) Although I rarely take it off-road since it's my daily driver, I still like to put a little mud on it now and again just to remind myself of how nice a muddy Dakota looks.

Do people that have 4x4's that drop them get as much crap as I get for wanting to lift a 4x2? :jester:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.