Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I aksed my father and he said they are both fused and wired differeently
Can anyone tell me where the power outlet is fused at? I recently broke the plastic surrounding on both the lighter and the power outlet. A simple universal lighter insert fits perfect. The power insert fits good as well, although I had to remove a metal mount for mounting underneath the dash (came out by simply unscrewing it). Unfortunately, only the lighter works, and not the power. I can't seem to find a burned out fuse, so I'm a little lost as to where to replace this fuse.

Also, on a side note, my lighter is only powered when the ignition is either on acc or running. With a phone charger plugged in, the light goes out when I turn off the truck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thanks man, but I was looking for where the power outlet is fused at. The lighter works fine and I don't mind that it's only active when the truck is on...safer that way...

My problem is that I have no power coming to the power outlet and I can't find the fuse for it to see if it's blown or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.