Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new here but anyways i just bought 22" rims for my durango i havent received them yet but nobody informed me about might having to get new brakes and all the problems that rims cause so now im gettin scared can someone explain a little on how a car rides on 22s? thanks alot

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
tires 1010

Check out http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp
They will calculate your new wheel and tire difference from stock.
And with going to 22", it's your standard rule of weight.
An object in-motion stays in-montion, so with all that new weight, your stock brake may fail.
But check that site out, it will help for sure.

And remember when you get them installed, post some pics

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sup everyone i just got the 22's put on today and all i gotta say is i am very impressed with how it rides its smooth as can be because i went with a bit thicker tire but i did run into a problem the tire rubbed the bumper a bit so i had to get it shaved just a bit but u cant notice a thing, but other then that its perfect ill probally be taking alot of pics this weekend cus i got prom and shes gonna be all cleaned up :banana2:

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
sweet man cant wait to see pics post pics do it hurry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats Man. I've had 22's on my dakota for a few years now, and yes, I would be a great Idea to upgrade the brakes. I crack my rotors about every 4k miles. At least try some new rotors that are slotted and drilled. That's what I'm tryin out right now, and we both can figure if that will solve the problem or if we need to upgrade the whole set. show me some pics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts