Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here but i need yalls help i just reached 203000 miles on my 2001 dodge dakota sport with the 4.7L v8 and i know i need to do an oil flush on it because im having some issues with it but is there anything else i need to change or inspect or keep an eye on
Any input would be appreciated
Thanks yall

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oil Flush? on what? if you are talking transmission flush, if done right it will only change all of the fluid in the transmission, it will not fix any problems. It is just good maintenance, But by all means DO NOT LET ANYONE TALK YOU INTO FLUSHING WITH SOLVENT it will damage the transmission, if they try to run. because they are clueless.
And if you are having problems you should start having a good intelligent mechanic scan the vehicle first, to make sure you don't have a computer or wiring issue that you think is something else.
What are you trying to fix?
On the engine, I have heard some pretty crazy stuff for flushing, like ATF, WD-40, solvent, but have not heard of any of it doing much. Just don't run your engine with solvent in it, it has no lubrication to it so it may damage your bearings. The best is just use good high quality oil and change it often.
Have fun

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts