Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
5 hour drive for me...i'll have to consider it though.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Kind of cheap if you ask me? Not going to get alot of die hard D-D fans that way. I guess next year it will be at a normal car show in some run down town?

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of cheap if you ask me? Not going to get alot of die hard D-D fans that way. I guess next year it will be at a normal car show in some run down town?
IMHO, I disagree. Lets face it, the Dakota community isnt that big. Sure there's a lot of members here and across the other boards, but all the members are scattered across the whole country. So only but so many members are willing to attend the meets depending on location each year. Its fair to say that most of the Dakota guys are all in all Mopar fans, so I feel like making the DRTC Nationals part of the All Chrysler Nationals might even attract MORE Dakota guys to the meet. It'll give the chance to meet and interact with the Dakota guys and experience the DRTC part of it but then there's the rest of the All Chrysler part of it too and the chance see all the old muscle cars and experience that. I've never been to a DRTC meet, but from all the talk.. attendance is going down. I feel this might actually be a good way to get attendance back up again. Again.. JMO.

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
Damn I wil have to see what my job situation is at that time, can't plan it now though sicne I may have to get a job by then LOL

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Lots of reasons to do it there. Keeps cost down, more things to do and are not restricted to what the club puts on. There will still be awards and I am sure they will still try to get prizes for the attendees. Last year over 20 Dakotas showed up. Should only get bigger. Try to make it out, enjoy the show and meet some new people.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Will be attending! I think having it same time as Carlisle is a great idea. Should have a good crowd and an awesome time. Planning on being there Thurs-Sunday

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Don't listen to the idiot with a lifted r/t and 25" tires. His input is about as useless as is possible.

Reactions: Venumb

·
Registered
519 Posts
i'd love to make this....i haven't been to a DRTC Nationals since Cecil in 03. the only problem is, i'm taking the Challenger to the LX & Beyond Nationals which is a week after Carlisle. i'm going to see if i can swing both....

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Don't listen to the idiot with a lifted r/t and 25" tires. His input is about as useless as is possible.
BTW it's 33's now. Like I said, you guys are killing it. No longer an r/t meet.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
BTW it's 33's now. Like I said, you guys are killing it. No longer an r/t meet.
Actually the r/t's have their own section, even split up between stock and modified...and the Durango's as well. So your argument is...non existent. Dakotas and Durangos will come as they please, r/t or not. Spreading the word that the DRTC meet will be held there this year might make it more of an attraction for others. (Obviously not you, you're not coming regardless so keep quiet.)

Reactions: AndrewR/T
G

·
7 hours and 450 miles for me. I've always wanted to attend this show and now may just be the time to do it! :huh:

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
7 hours and 450 miles for me. I've always wanted to attend this show and now may just be the time to do it! :huh:
let's go dwight. i have to drive almost as far. :D

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
ive been going to that show for almost 5 years its 7-8 hour drive for me. i go with a differnt group but ive always have taken the dakota.im planing on going again this year. if you have any thoughts on going start looking for hotel rooms now the book quickly or you will be driving a hour for hotels. there is also campground. this is a great show to go to even if the DRTC national meet was not there. now if you guiys can get 25( thats what it was last year) the group or club get a tent from carlisle to use if not its like 150( last years price. there probbilby is going to be alot of you there so that 25 vwould not be a problem. you just have to all register under the same club or group.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
We got a tent last year. It was definitely nice to have and I think it's safe to say we'll definitely have one again this year.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I'm trying to go this year...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'll be getting there around noon on that Thursday (8th) to get the truck ready. Will be bringing a full line of Meguiar's Products if anyone wants to join me.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts