Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I think all you need is a tune, either your original intake manifold or a throttle body adapter, along with extending your current wires going to the coils.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You referring to just a long block? I want to drop in a pullout from a donor truck.
To the whole motor, the 2010 runs a drive by wire throttle body with a different bolt pattern than the cable throttle. And different coils to support the dual spark plug set up. I’m not sure if you could just swap in your original coils and run just the one plug or not.

·
I hate you people.
2,844 Posts
To the whole motor, the 2010 runs a drive by wire throttle body with a different bolt pattern than the cable throttle. And different coils to support the dual spark plug set up. I’m not sure if you could just swap in your original coils and run just the one plug or not.
Nope, have to run the dual spark plug set up due to the changes in the head air flow and volume. No tuner is going to take the time to try to tune this dual spark plug set up to only run one spark plug, it just introduces too many variables to try to contain without causing excessive knock, or flooding the cylinders.
OP needs to scroll down and look into the 4.7L V8 subforums, where there is more information on this swap.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good to know, any idea about a remote coil setup? I’m looking to swap the newer 4.7 in my 2002, but the stock coils for the double plug set up don’t clear the supercharger I have, so I’ll likely be looking at something custom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts