Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry about ANOTHER thread guys but im very interested in the 08 intake manifold swap onto a 03 Dakota 4.7...first off my biggest question and the most important would I absolutely HAVE to get a custom tuner or could I just stick with the superchips?(it says on airram that some ho cams, a 70mm tb and that intake manifold are a great combo)...because I literally just but the superchips like a month ago and love it! also I REALLY don't have the money or time to go get it tuned on the dyno...next what kind of horsepower could I expect? and lastly how tough would it be for me to install? thanks guys and sorry about another thread lol

· MoPar17
83 Posts
I have not personally done an intake swap on my Durango, but this is what I know. You don't need a special tune just to swap intakes, however, you will need the adapter plate that airram offers to adapt your throttle body to the 08+ intake. From what I've read, sounds like 10-15 horsepower gains on the top end. Some guys say it kills your low end though. I never though 10-15 horsepower was worth $600-700 you'll have invested in it when it's all said and done. Especially if it kills your low end. I tow a lot.
http://airram.com/product.php?categoryid=0&productid=1334&searchquery=2008 4.7L intake adapter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.