Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First at all thank you for any help you can provide and for the answers in this forum.

The left side lights of the climate controls panel are not turning on (see pictures attached) so I wonder if is possible to replace the lights (and if there is a how-to reach that part) or I will need to take it to the dealer.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
I hate you people.
2,827 Posts
IDK if you can replace those lights. Usually, those lights are not replaceable, due to being either LED's or the panel itself is not meant to be disassembled. You are going to have to take apart the dash to get that panel and take it to the dealer if you can't get it apart or the lights used are LED. IDK your skills but I would be able to replace those LED's but LED failures are rare and it could be a sign of problems with the climate control panel circuit board.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the feedback.

I do not have experience disassembling a car dashboard but definitely patience and careful enough to follow instructions if I find them. I had taken apart for repair small electronics (game consoles, game controllers, phone, cellphones, laptops, computers, etc) and all sort of appliances.

I want to see if I can do it as my guess is that even if I have to replace the control panel circuit board it will be way less expensive than doing it at the dealer.

I unsuccesfuly google'd for instructions on disassembling the Durango 2008 dashboard front bezel to see if there is a way to reach to the climate control board, can you (or someone) point me to a place where I can read/view about this and assess if I can do it?

IDK if you can replace those lights. Usually, those lights are not replaceable, due to being either LED's or the panel itself is not meant to be disassembled. You are going to have to take apart the dash to get that panel and take it to the dealer if you can't get it apart or the lights used are LED. IDK your skills but I would be able to replace those LED's but LED failures are rare and it could be a sign of problems with the climate control panel circuit board.

·
I hate you people.
2,827 Posts
IDK where you will find instructions on disassembling the dashboard for the Gen II Durango's. Your best bet will be to get a Hayne's repair manual that has pictures of where the dashboard is held in my screws or clips or get on ebay and find someone that is selling the factory service manuals for your year Durango.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

Will look for the service manual and see if I can do the replacement.

IDK where you will find instructions on disassembling the dashboard for the Gen II Durango's. Your best bet will be to get a Hayne's repair manual that has pictures of where the dashboard is held in my screws or clips or get on ebay and find someone that is selling the factory service manuals for your year Durango.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think I have seen this before. There are 2 small bulbs in the back of the heater control panel, your right side is working but not the left, I would change both. I think the silver trim panel is easy to unclip from the centre dash, can't remember if the control panel comes off with the silver trim panel or if it is screwed to the dash but I think the bulbs are on the back of it and recessed. You may need long nose pliers to remove/replace them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try this weekend to remove the front bezel and check the unit.

Will post whatever I find.

Thanks

I think I have seen this before. There are 2 small bulbs in the back of the heater control panel, your right side is working but not the left, I would change both. I think the silver trim panel is easy to unclip from the centre dash, can't remember if the control panel comes off with the silver trim panel or if it is screwed to the dash but I think the bulbs are on the back of it and recessed. You may need long nose pliers to remove/replace them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be tackling this myself on saturday. I know there is a youtube video somewhere showing how to remove the center trim pieces around the radio and climate control. have you had a chance to see if it is a bulb? I will know for sure and post my findings as well this Saturday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not a bulb, the lights are LEDs attached to the board, it is required to change the whole part.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It is not a bulb, the lights are LEDs attached to the board, it is required to change the whole part.
This is false......for anyone who searches and comes across this thread. There are 2 bulbs, easily replaced once you have the Climate Control Unit out of the vehicle. I just replaced both bulbs in about 30 minutes.

Part Number is 0513-5537-AA. They cost about $15 each.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pics of bulbs and location.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts