Dakota Durango Forum banner

2008 Dakota matte black grill and trim

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  g48572 
#1 ·
Alright. I give up. I can't find a matte black grille and trim for my 08 Dakota. Can't even find info on what other models (Durango, Ram, etc..) have compatible parts... should i order that plexi dip spray stuff and just cover the one I have? Or use real paint? Or learn how to Google better?? lol... Help me, I'm irritated.

#9 ·
Yeah i want to black out a few more things too. I got my wheels professionally powder coated black a few years back and they have held up very well. Not a single chip or scuff yet. I think I’m going to dip the grille and headlight border black. What u think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
You're not going to find a grill in Matte Black, but you can get a Black body colored OEM grill HERE. It has chrome inserts, but Plasti-Dip may be the answer, unless your grill has black inserts for a quick swap. There is no other vehicle grill that will fit your Dakota, only another 08-11 Dakota. I'm not a fan of Plasti-Dip, but it comes in handy sometimes. Finding black head lights ain't gonna be easy.

I did the same thing with my grill, bought a new one, which is way better than Plasti-Dip or paint.

#5 ·
You're not going to find a grill in Matte Black, but you can get a Black body colored OEM grill HERE. It has chrome inserts, but Plasti-Dip may be the answer, unless your grill has black inserts for a quick swap. There is no other vehicle grill that will fit your Dakota, only another 08-11 Dakota. I'm not a fan of Plasti-Dip, but it comes in handy sometimes. Finding black head lights ain't gonna be easy.

I did the same thing with my grill, bought a new one, which is way better than Plasti-Dip or paint.
I found my black headlights online by chance. Got rid of the chrome ones. New ones have grey border and black inside. Big improvement. Might plasti dip the border black though, not sure.

#7 ·
There ia a lack of aftermarket parts because the Dakota saw sales dropping through the years, so the demand wasn't there. The Dakota just got too large, and many people went with the Ram since the price jump wasn't that much, and aftermarket parts are plentiful for the 1500s.

Yeah, it's a shame.

#8 ·
There ia a lack of aftermarket parts because the Dakota saw sales dropping through the years, so the demand wasn't there. The Dakota just got too large, and many people went with the Ram since the price jump wasn't that much, and aftermarket parts are plentiful for the 1500s.

Yeah, it's a shame.
All the better for us later-model guys... not many of these left out there. I swear half the folks who stare at mine don’t even know what they’re looking at. This truck rides too low from factory in my opinion. When they did the later redesigns they made them look too grampa-like. A 3” lift makes this truck look good. They should have priced them lower than the rams and made them look more attractive! Now the midsize market is back and we have no Mopar contender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.