Dakota Durango Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting ready to do my install this week (08 IM/cams) - how much should I worry about running lean? I do plan on getting it tuned - should I avoid long trips/hard acceleration until I do? I've noticed that Torque Pro can't read AFR from the OBD-II on this truck, so not sure how much automatic adjustment the ECU can do for the added airflow? I was going to wait until I had the true dual exhaust (cutting the y-pipe and welding in a dual in/out muffler and pipes) done before getting it tuned and that won't be for a few weeks. This is my daily. Should I install a wideband AFR gauge?

On that note - any recommended remote tuners for these trucks? Also going to look for someone local, but I like options.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure about running lean with the 08 cams as I don’t have them, as for tuning I went with flyin Ryan performance, he’s good to work with and really knows his stuff.

Reactions: sk8erord

·
Registered
156 Posts
Will not run lean. While doing the work replace; MAP sensor and the O2 sensors (use NTK). Unlikely that you will have to do any tuning at all. With good sensors, once in closed loop the PCM learns and repopulates the fuel-maps. Takes a dozen drives for it to re-map. In other-words, the existing unit does it all. Save you money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread. I have a recently acquired 02 grand cherokee and thinking about doing the 08 cams. Will any 08 cam work or is it still considered an 08 h.o.? I see camshafts online but they say will not work with h.o. and no luck finding something that says h.o. for the 08 model year. Thanks

61 - 67 of 67 Posts