Dakota Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts
Ok yes I did install the 08 cams no they are not the same they are a .510in and .478ex lift 08+ injectors will not swap in there is so much bad info people pass and spread but never put hands on parts if you look at the cams side by side you can see they are not the same if you have questions pm me and the lack of oil holes in the cam has 0 effect it
Hi, I hope you can help me too, I have a 06' Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Limited 4.7L 4x4, and I want to swap some camshafts that give me more torque and HP, I already have a H.O. cams that I already buy from Nick at AIRRAM.COM (although I have not installed them yet), I also have the solid lash adjusters, the Comp beehive valve springs, the 08 Intake manifold, the AIRRAM TB adapter with a F&B 70MM TB, but I just recently read this thread and I just found out that the 08' camshafts can be installed in a first generation 4.7L .... having said that, I want to ask you: in your experience, what do you recommend me, install the H.O. cams or go for the 08' cams?, for you, which are better?, or which give better gainings?

Alexis_WK
Below are links to my dyno chart and dyno runs that shows HO vs 08 cams. Not exactly apples to apples as I also made the following changes between dyno runs:
Straightened, resized and smoothed custom CAI
Installed and tuned M/E Wagner PCV
Swapped HO cams for '08 cams
Installed new Comp beehive springs and Comp retainers
Ryan made minor changes to SCT tune as well.

Mods already done before HO runs (still installed for '08 runs):
shorty headers, custom built y-pipe and exhaust, custom CAI, 70mm F&B TB, WeaponX COPs, Flyin' Ryan Custom tune (frptuning.com), '08 intake manifold, Aluminum -6 fuel rails with return setup, Phantom Stealth fuel pump, clutch fan delete, 180* T stat, 25% under-drive pulley, TKO600RR, 4.56 gear, HHR fan. Long block is all original and stock with 93k miles on it. No porting.

The top 4 runs in the chart key are with HO cams. The last 3 are with additional mods listed in this message, with the last one with 3" cutout open.
Yours being a 4x4 and with already owning the HO's I would probably stick with those. There is definitely more power with the '08s if you chose to go that way.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gKFcVHeoVu7ioigX6

As for the running the '08s on stock springs.....I checked clearances on coil bind with stock springs and was as little as .030"(=EX/.070"/IN/.030"). Depending on which building theory you use, that is "acceptable" to "not enough". My thoughts are stock springs are not anywhere near the quality materials that the Comp springs are and I would not choose to take the chance on spring/valve failure while already apart and doing the cam change. Also on the retainers, they are .033" shorter giving more retainer to valve guide seal clearance and CB clearance (now .100/EX, .063"/IN). Comp retainers vs Stock retainers 10.97g/8.75g considerably lighter and taking even more stress off springs and your old lash adjusters. Stock Spring weights are considerably heavier as well = Stk 4.755.18g HO springs IN=57.61g/EX=58.49g Comp 26113 springs =43.39g

Here are the dyno run videos as well:
https://youtu.be/V57WI8aF-FU
https://youtu.be/RbpvBJstYm8
Your mileage may vary!

Hi,
I'm new here. I have an 07 dakota with the 4.7 flex fuel and 08 intake manifold with 70mm throttle body. I want to put in HO cams but they are hard to find. Will putting 08 cam work fine and produce similar or better power gains?
Thanks.

08 cams will work and have a hair more hp than the HO do. I actually have some HO and 08 cams available if you're interested in either
moparsz = Trusted seller!!

I have a set of 08 cams and the passenger side HO cam. I'm trying to decide which one to put on but for the HOs I would need to find the drivers side. I also have the 08 intake install with the 70mm throttle body and 12 point Denaso injectors rated at 263@3bar. What are you thoughts in regards to which cams to go with?

Hey fellows,
Day 2 of 08 cams, air intake and 70mm throttle body. So far the truck fells a bit faster but to be honest I was expecting a more. Any suggestions? May be a tune that won't break the bank?

Ok camo what size rims and tires....the 3.55s suck I'll suggest that be your next mod especially if you're running bigger rims and tires.... kind of expensive though since you're 4x4

What or where do cams come from ? :) first time on a forum for me... just so you know. Been reading for a long time but never subscribed to any. Anyway, tell me about those cams? Age, use, provenance, how much?

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.