Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped the 2008 plus heads onto the older 4.7? Doing some planning for a future build, and figure they should bring a decent increase in performance. I’m wondering though with the flat top pistons if it would increase or decrease compression.

·
I hate you people.
2,820 Posts
The heads will swap and generally your compression ratio is more dependent on other factors besides being flat top, valve recessed, dished, or raised area. You would need to see what the factory 08-11 4.7's pistons numbers are and go from there. As for just the heads alone, yes, they will give a performance boost but you also need the intake manifold and cams in order to take advantage of the better flowing heads or you will leave power on the table.
At this point, the 4.7 is not supported as well and the amount of money to get good power, you would be better off doing a HEMI swap and you will have a better start off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense, I’d definitely go with the cams as well. I’ll see if I can find the specs on those pistons, as I’m already supercharged I don’t want the compression ratio too high.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
keep in mind 2008 heads ex bolt pattern is different. Would require stock 2008 ex manifold (which wont't bolt up to earlier y-pipes either) OR have custom headers built from scratch!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, I plan to do some porting as well if they work, I just need to see if the coils clear the supercharger on the one side, and if they don’t how to make them work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts