Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Dakota and I was driving it when the bell chimed and the Check Engine light started flashing. I tried to count them but was difficult with paying attention to the road. The light went off, then it did it again and seemed to flash forever.
Next time I took it out I went to an Autozone and they loaned me the reader and it said I had no trouble codes.
Tried a friend with a reader and they said the same thing, no codes, ready for smog.
So I figured it was just a random hiccup.
I do not drive this truck very often, its my work truck. Today I took it out for some chores and it did it again. I managed to stay on the road while driving and I counted 10 flashes, then it stopped, then it chimed again and flashed 25 times.
Got the truck home, did the self diagnosis (3x ignition off/on quickly, leave key on and read odometer gauge).
It said - - - - - - - - - and then Done.
Whatever is happening it does not stay in the computer. Could the computer itself be going bad? I went over a bumpy road and it did not flash or go on. It does this only on a straight road under power getting up to speed (55mph).
Any clues?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*update. I took my truck to a local Dodge place so they could replace the two safety recall airbags, and it hasn't thrown a code since. The tech guy said something in passing about resetting the change oil code since the oil appears to have been changed... and said everything else on the vehicle is fine.
So who knows. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*latest update:
I now have a check engine light on and the P0300 code displaying when I do the self diagnosis. So I am going to start trying to find out why it is doing random misfires. It does not have a cylinder code (P030X). Does anybody have a copy of the vacuum hoses diagram so I know where to start looking for leaks (will make another thread to ask for it)? It seems to be running fine, good power, no stumbling or hesitation, just a bit fast on idle (which it has done since I bought it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts