Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7 V6 automatic. When you put the truck into drive it starts in 2nd gear and won't shift . There a p0700 code so I checked the fluid and it was a low so I put fluid in it. I cleared the code and drove it for about a mile it drove perfect shifted every gear. I thought it fixed it so I parked it and about 2 hours later went to go somewhere and it did it again. I put it in drive and it started in 2 gear and wouldn't shift again. Anyone have a idea of what could be wrong with it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
P0700 is the generic transmission code, unless another code is showing to point you in a specific direction, there's not a simple guess that we can give you. Trans stuck in 2nd gear is called 'Limp Mode'.
When was the fluid changed last?
New fluid and a new OEM Mopar trans filter is a good start. Next, check all electrical connectors on the transmission, make sure they're all nice and tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7 V6 automatic. When you put the truck into drive it starts in 2nd gear and won't shift . There a p0700 code so I checked the fluid and it was a low so I put fluid in it. I cleared the code and drove it for about a mile it drove perfect shifted every gear. I thought it fixed it so I parked it and about 2 hours later went to go somewhere and it did it again. I put it in drive and it started in 2 gear and wouldn't shift again. Anyone have a idea of what could be wrong with it.
Possibly the shift solenoid pack. Easy to replace, about$150. Lives in the pan. Buy the solenoid pack, filter, gasket and about 5 quarts of Mopar tranny fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts