Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on building a 2" lift kit for the '05 Dakotas. I want to know how many folks would be interested in one. Projected price would be $130.00 for the front only, and $275.00 for the front and rear.
Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
04 Dakota

I would be interested.. I have an 04 but the suspension is supposed to be the same. I am looking at a 3 inch susp lift and it says 00-05.. Let me know when you finish it...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The '04 and '05s are different. The '04 uses torsion bars while the '05 uses coil springs. On the '04 you can get an easy lift by cranking the adjuster bolts on the end of the torsion bars. There are only one per side. I cant remember the size of them. Just get a tape mesuer(sp) and turn the bolts to the right until you achive 2" of lift. I would messure from the wheel fender to the ground on the driver and passenger sides. Then drive arround the block a couple of times to get the adjustments to set in. Messure again and adjust as needed. I have an '04 and Im trying to get an '05 to look at so I can get the messurements needed for the lift. Another problem Im running into is Liabiltiy Insurance. If I make and sell these and someones truck blows up, I could be sued. So Im looking into that.
Thanks
Chris

·
Disturbing the peace
67 Posts
I might be interested as well.

G

·
0 Posts
2005 Lift

I have a little concern about the '05 and a home lift kit. I have done a lot of lifts and worked on a few coil overs. It has been my experience that a coil over should not be played with by a novice mechanic.

That said, I'd be interested as well.

How are you lifting the rear? That is a strange set up on the '05s. I have never seen an upside down shackle before.

GG

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GypsyGiuseppe said:
I have a little concern about the '05 and a home lift kit. I have done a lot of lifts and worked on a few coil overs. It has been my experience that a coil over should not be played with by a novice mechanic.

That said, I'd be interested as well.

How are you lifting the rear? That is a strange set up on the '05s. I have never seen an upside down shackle before.

GG
The rear lift was going to be by a an add a leaf spring and include shocks. The front was going to be a machined steel spacer to go inbetween the coil and the top out plate. Due to lack of interest, Im not proceeding with these. I would need to make and sell about 20 and I only had 5 people interested. I have a couple of friends that machine the parts for me, and the last lift kit I made for my Tacoma never caused/had any problems, even after being jumped repeated times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts