Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Durango 4.7 V-8

a little history

i just bought the suv about two weeks ago and a day or so after i had it the check engine light came on

took it to the dealer and they said it was the o2 sensor in front of the cat. convertor on the drivers side simple fix right.......no service person said that they couldn't get out the sensor so they would have to replace the whole cat. convertor system. i was to bring the suv back at a later date to have the parts installed ......but in the mean time the durango started acting up like it wasn't getting fuel or something .......it died at stop lights and loose power going down the road ......so took it back to the dealer and the replaced the parts and supposely fixed the problem....but this is what happened last night

this is what happened at 7:30 PM 3/21/09 saturday night

1) stopped and filled tank with gas

2) pulled out onto road way and durango felt as though it had no power when pressing on
accelerator and with the pedal in the same position the vehicle surged as if power came on all
the sudden

3) got in turn lane to turn into burger king and had to wait for for traffic and vehicle died and
it started right back up

4) vehicle died while in drive through line and it took (2) tries to get it started

5) vehicle died again and while waiting for person at drive through window

6) restarted vehicle and pulled to edge of parking lot and had to keep one foot on gas pedal
and one brake to keep vehicle running

7) pulled out onto road way (41 south) and roughly a mile down the road the with the gas
pedal pressed down to what would be a normal driving position to maintain 55 miles per
hour the vehicle lost power for a few seconds and then surged roughly 4 to 5 times then
the power came back and stayed steady.

8) had to stop at stop light on 41 and 425 and had to used both feet to keep vehicle running

the vehicle was taken in on 3/9/09 for a check engine light that came on and parts had to be
ordered and we were to bring vehicle on 3/16/09 for the repairs but the vehicle started have the
same problem as mentioned above on 3/11/09 and vehicle was droped off at expressway on
3/12/09 to be checked out for the dying problem.

***both times this has happened is right after the vehicle has been filled up with fuel***

and now the same two codes are showing up PO133 and PO153 ....that showed up the first time

so if anyone has had a problem like this please let me know

BTW the po133 and po153 are the codes for the two o2 sensors in front of the cat. convertors on both sides
which where both replaced along with the cat. convertor system

it seems as though it only does it right after a fill up of fuel

aside of this problem i love the suv

so its going back to the dealer tomorrow to hopefully get it fixed right this time

seems fuel related to me either in the computer part of the system or in the pump part of the system

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
This has never happened to me, but the next time I filled it up,I would only fill it halfway and see if the problem is there. Could be sediment in the tank getting stired up when you fill it. And when you fill it up do you top if off? Im not real familiar with my 04 yet maybe someone will chime in and tell us where besides the the tank the fuel filter is located. But if you are topping it off, it could be saturating the evap sensor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well dealer has durango for two days now and wouldn't you know it it won't act up for them

man this is frustrating

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they finally replaced the fuel tank and evap canister and it has been doing good so far

dealer said something was wrong with the purge valve in the tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're currently having this issue with ours. We're going to try the same approach plus replace the gas pedal and hope the combination fixes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts