Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: ..I am trying to remove the bezel that covers the cd/radio etc. to get access to the cigar lighter power feed (to power a radar detector and revolving blue light -- I am a volunteer FF).

Problem is, that after removing the 2 bottom screws, the bezel still won't budge. Are there "hidden screws" or releases?

· Premium Member
860 Posts
I'm not sure how many people have attempted to take apart these 2005's. You might be a ginnie(sp?) pig on this one.

I know for previous years they seem to like using clips and such,.... once you've got the few screws that are visable lose.... give the whole thing a good tug,... if nothing budges.... then you might have to do something different.... if something feels like it might have given way,... or broken,... you probably found your clips...lol

Paul

G

·
Take the 2 screws out of the bottom.
I used a small screw driver to pry it straight out, work from the bottom up to the top. Once you have it out on the bottom a little bit, you have to pull it down to unhook the top from the dash,
Hope this helps
Bill

· Registered
26 Posts
just the two bottom screws, and clips in everything else, just start at bottom and pull out, they are a little stiff first time you take em out just be careful not to crack it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.