Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello cyberspacers. I have a 2004 Dakota 4.7L. Truck started acting up about a week ago. Reverse wouldnt engage but did eventually. In drive, it was like it was stuck in neutral, then would move slowly and eventually everything returned to normal for a week. Yesterday it wouldnt move at all. The gear indicator lights illuminate reverse, drive etc., and even the sound of the engine changes when put into reverse or drive. Code reader said P0841 & P0876, Transmission fluid pressure sensor. Replaced it but problem persists. Also P0732, "Gear '2' incorrect ratio"? What is that? Does that problem sound familiar to anyone? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
431 Posts
Sounds like you have an actual fluid pressure problem, probably an internal seal, likely time for a rebuild. As for the code, that transmission does have 2 2nd gears with different ratios, read about it on Wikipedia. Which gear gets selected depends on how hard you have your foot in the throttle and also may change during downshifts, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your low reverse band is shot and or accumulator stuck 2nd gear over speed is not good stop driving it or it will blow apart. You should have checked it out when it wouldn't move now you get a new rebuild plus converter

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ya'll, I appreciate the feedback. I was considering replacing the tranny shift control solenoid next. Do u think that could be the culprit?

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
431 Posts
No, you already said it reacts when you try and put it in gear. You've got internal tranny issues that are going to require a rebuild. How many miles on the truck? Not sure where dandress1133 is coming from on the stop driving advice --- your truck won't move so that's a moot point. Get it towed to a tranny shop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clarification on my part. When I shift to reverse and then to neutral then to drive etc., the reaction is so subtle that wonder if I'm imagining it or what. It's not a definitive reaction. So I hope that info will possibly change any diagnosis for Dan and makes the prognosis less painful for Dak.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
431 Posts
Wishing ain't going to make it so. You're going to need a tranny service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Such a buzz-kill out there in cyberspace! "Wishing" turned out better than I could have wished for. As I was going to replace the Tranny Shift Control Solenoid, I dropped the pan. To my surprise, the canister filter dropped as well. Apparently, somehow it came unscrewed. WTF? I buttoned it all back up and to my relief, it shifted rite into gear. Took Dankota for a spin. And just like Tom Brady coming to my Tampa town, it was too good to be true! It ran like a champ! No tranny repair shop, like ya"ll were hell-bent on sending me to. I lucked out for a change. Thanks for the input regardless! See ya'll in the Superbowl AGAIN!
Dankota Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Such a buzz-kill out there in cyberspace! "Wishing" turned out better than I could have wished for. As I was going to replace the Tranny Shift Control Solenoid, I dropped the pan. To my surprise, the canister filter dropped as well. Apparently, somehow it came unscrewed. WTF? I buttoned it all back up and to my relief, it shifted rite into gear. Took Dankota for a spin. And just like Tom Brady coming to my Tampa town, it was too good to be true! It ran like a champ! No tranny repair shop, like ya"ll were hell-bent on sending me to. I lucked out for a change. Thanks for the input regardless! See ya'll in the Superbowl AGAIN!
Dankota Dan
I feel like you are not telling us something or misleading about your filter coming loose and now it's all good. I'm not trying to argue it's just some people use this info to learn from

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
431 Posts
Your initial description of the problem had all the earmarks of a tranny with worn out or blown internal seals. Happy for you that it was something simple. I hope it holds together for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, there IS something I'm not telling you, just because I dont want to be rude bung-hole! WTF? You think I'm effin' lying cuz I got nothing better to do? GFY....... If I was gonna tell stories I sure the hell would have made up one better than that. It just goes to show that you dont "know it all" like you think you do! Maybw you could use this forum to learn something yerself! Hows about this: The Tranny Fairy appeared before my eyes. No, not that one. The Dodge Tranny Fairy. It doused warm magic fluid all over my valve body and dip stick and almost made my pressure switch blow. It tended to my fluid leak with a torque and a tweek. After i went into overdrive, I smoked a cigarette and gave the fairy a "high-five." Now it shifts in and out of gears all nite long baby! Smooth baby, all the way! True story for real! Whaaat? Why would I make it up? Havent you ever heard of the Tooth Fairy? Look it up. Its listed alphabetically after Tooth Fairy. I didnt even have to replace the pan gasket, if you can swallow that one!
Confusus say: "You dont know what you dont know!" Consider that before you spout off and call someone a liar! Jeeeze! Check me out next time as I get 100 mpg from my mileage increaser control apparatus doohicky thingamajig that I just invented. What? You dont believe that either?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your initial description of the problem had all the earmarks of a tranny with worn out or blown internal seals. Happy for you that it was something simple. I hope it holds together for you.
Thanks Radioactive. Pre-she-ate the input!

·
Super Moderator
79,420 Posts
Thats enough fellas. You've had your fun. Anymore of this and I'll just lock the thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats enough fellas. You've had your fun. Anymore of this and I'll just lock the thread.
Oh my effin G! My replies have been censored ! Krikey!?? I'm always in trouble! I'm used to it. Round peg in a "square" world. My dub has got the snub! Thats the rub! Cheerio, off to the pub with me mate Beezebub!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my effin G! My replies have been censored ! Krikey!?? I'm always in trouble! I'm used to it. Round peg in a "square" world. My dub has got the snub! Thats the rub! Cheerio, off to the pub with me mate Beezebub!
Friggin S.S.!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts