Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully rebuilt engine with ~400 miles so far, have P0172 bank 2 running rich code and P0300 random misfire. Truck runs a little rough and noticeable power loss. If batteries disconnected and reconnected, codes clear and truck runs GOOD. After some driving codes come back and it runs rich again.

Have hooked up snap-on scanner and looked at fuel trims and misfire counters, no cylinders were currently misfiring when I checked it, but fuel trims were all at -99%. Quick fix with scan tool said bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor. Replaced it and same issue. I have cleaned the throttle body best I can also.

New NGK 7098 plugs, New coil packs, new injectors, New OE 190 degree thermostat....

If anyone has any information in regards to assist in the diagnostics of this issue, it would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m leaning toward a TPS.
If the truck runs smooth in Default program mode at first and then after the code trips and after it runs for a while you may very well have a faulty TPS.
There is no guarantee of course since Dodges computer sometimes and many times misreads the code.
There is something else to do. Get some electronic terminal cleaner and disconnect and spray as many terminals as possible. While your at it give a little tug on the wires where they go into the terminals and make sure they are secure. Also look for frayed and corroded terminals and wires.
Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check your downstream O2 sensor scanner or computer may have told you wrong. I chased one similar on my Durango w/5.9. clear it it would run good until it went into closed loop, then it would act both lean or rich depending on how far I stuck my foot into it. some times the scanner would say it was rich other times lean. It turned out that the two O2 sensors wouldn't agree so the computer didn't know what to do. So I replaced both O2 sensors runs great now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts