Dakota Durango Forum banner

2003 Durango R/T heated leather seats in 1998 reg cab Dakota

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  danielpineda5275 
#1 ·
Just took on a little project over the last couple days and pretty happy with how it turned out. Going to post a few pictures of the before during and after. I couldn't find anything online about swapping the leather Durango rt seats into a regular cab dakota (the rear mounts for the tracks are different in regular cab and quad cab). I also couldn't find anything about getting the original heated seat elements to work either. I pulled all the carpet, tried to wash it because the previous owner was a slob. Custom made my own wiring harness for the power seats (both are power with the rt seats) the heated seats and the switch's for the seats. Added in my stereo wiring harness. Custom drilled and mounted the seats, drilled the rivets off my original flip console and installed that so I still have 3 seats. Bought the Durango rt seats from a local wrecker for $46 each. I'm very happy with it and even more happy that I now have heated leather seats in my 98 Dakota!

Pic 1. How the interior was. Not terrible looking but the more you got into it the worse it was.
2. The filth under the seat
3. Bare floor. Truck came from the coast so at some point it had the carpet removed and tar sheets applied to the floor to prevent rust.
4. After I had all my wiring laid out and taped together for the power to both seats, heat for both seats, switches for the heat and wiring kit for my stereo.
5. I took the carpet to the carwash and pressure washed it. Still doesn't look great but you'd be amazed how much $&#@ came out of it! Also cut slits for my new wiring to come through the carpet.
6. After drilling off 10 big rivets I was able to separate my original console from my original seats. The rear of the console bolts to the factory holes and the front brackets get held underneath the rails on the driver and passenger seats.
7. All done. New holes drilled for the rear track mounts, fronts mount to factory holes. Still have three seats + seat belts this way. Both are fully power adjustable and heated. At the same time I did this I also changed all of my dash cluster/interior, headlights, fog lights, cargo lights and reverse lights to L.E.D's

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.