Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on throwing in a five or six speed in later and have a frame with damage to arounf six inches of the frontmost portion of the frame. I know a new frame runs for around $3000 and startedthinking about the tubular frame swaps done on other vehicles. I thought of tubular because I figured I would be more resilient for something like jumping ridges, dunes, baja... i can cut the fenders nd into the cabin a little to handle bigger tires but I mainly want to get my plan on the frame set up first before I make any other progress on the six speed swap and rear and front end uggrades. I want to know if there are any of you lone wolves who have thought of the same and to see what your research turned up. Tubular frame....would it be worth it? Not looking for bragging rights. Looking for resiliency versus the stock frame (which isnt even that bad on rigidity... Cant really think of any bad reasons besides the cost. Doable with less than $3000 (cost of a new stock frame?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think you'll end up spending more than $3000 to complete a tubular frame after you consider all the fabrication and work involved. Sadly frames are one of those major parts that if they are damaged beyond repair, you may want to consider finding another truck.

Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll end up spending more than $3000 to complete a tubular frame after you consider all the fabrication and work involved. Sadly frames are one of those major parts that if they are damaged beyond repair, you may want to consider finding another truck.

Ed
Thanks Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts