Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone tell me if this plate / part is available separately or do I need to get the complete mechanism. Thanks

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
469 Posts
Seems like a trip to the boneyard is in order for that part. Highly doubt you'll get it from Dodge. Might find the whole assembly at Rockauto..... might not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks radioactive, I figured that, its a shame that one has to buy the complete unit , anyway I ordered it on Rockauto for $29.79 +shipping...... thanks

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
469 Posts
With a decent 3D printer, a little CAD, and the right materials.... you could probably print the plastic part in under an hour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im sorry, i dont know,But i have the same problem with the Driverside window ? And i have a problem with the automatic Door locks ,the wont stoplocking!!!!!!!!!!! They never stop !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's the weak point on the whole assembly. The whole weight of the window rests on that little plastic square. I wouldn't trust a wrecking yard part. It could be ready to break too. I stumbled on an Amazon review that gave instructions on how to use some aluminium angle to make a bracket to reinforce the little plastic square. I followed his instructions on my replacement part. That was about a year and a half ago. No problems since then. Here's a link to the review:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts