Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upset and frustrated. My 2003 Dakota has been throwing the code for months now. Here is what I have done but still does nothing. Replaced Purge Valve, canister hoses, gas cap, and canister sensor. Got a smoke check for leaks no leaks. Went to the dealership they said it was the computer system changed that out. Throws the code again and now I am in a bad place mentally because nothing works to fix it. I am going to replace the canister next. Please I need some serious help

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
300 Posts
It's just an evap code, it does not affect drivability. You can live with it or continue to throw money at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went down a similar path with my '02, the leak ended up being a cracked filler hose neck on top of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
DODGE DAKOTA 2006 4.7l v8
1 Posts
I am upset and frustrated. My 2003 Dakota has been throwing the code for months now. Here is what I have done but still does nothing. Replaced Purge Valve, canister hoses, gas cap, and canister sensor. Got a smoke check for leaks no leaks. Went to the dealership they said it was the computer system changed that out. Throws the code again and now I am in a bad place mentally because nothing works to fix it. I am going to replace the canister next. Please I need some serious help

For more information about cold air intakes for dodge dakota visit website.
This does not mean that the fuel cap is the problem, although this can also be the source of the problem.
Look for damaged or cracked or dry rot hoses with evaporator / fuel return lines.
I hope it is still relevant.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota 4.7 (ROD KNOCKER)
3 Posts
I replaced EVERYTHING pertaining to the evap, at one time.L, still kept having a code.
Believe it or not we cleaned the throttle body and haven’t had the problem since.
But now that my son has been driving the truck, he let it get too hot and now it has a lower end knock now. 🤣
Just my luck right!
So now I’m in the run for a Hemi swap!
A little nervous because it is a DODGE, I’m familiar with CHEVY LS stuff.
So anyways, good luck with you evap issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts