Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I've looked everywhere on the internet for the colors of my 03 Dakota EXT. Cab 4x4 4.7l
wiring colors for the front speakers for the positives/negatives.
I haven't taken apart the left speaker yet, was held up from doing so because of the right speakers. Everywhere I look people have colors other than mine. So, for the front right my colors are
Green with a purple stripe, and green with a darker green stripe. Cannot find this AT ALL anywhere. Anybody have any idea? And if you do, based off of the right side, what should my left colors be and what's the positive/negative?
Thank you..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Left front door
Light green with violet is +
Light green with dark green is -

Right front door
Light blue with violet is +
Light blue with black is -

For some reason the shop manual calls it red (RD) instead of violet.
I have access to any vehicle schematics at the local online library that I can check to verify.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left front door
Light green with violet is +
Light green with dark green is -

Right front door
Light blue with violet is +
Light blue with black is -

For some reason the shop manual calls it red (RD) instead of violet.
I have access to any vehicle schematics at the local online library that I can check to verify.
See, but the thing is mine has the green wires on the right door (passenger) which is why I can't make sense of it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright so I opened the left door up as well. It's wires are the exact same color as the right. They're both green with a purple stripe, and green with a darker g reen stripe.
For anybody possibly reading in the future , the place that sold me my speakers wasn't even able to find my wire setup. I tested it myself, and the green with the darker green stripe was positive, with green and purple stripe was negative. This was the same on both rh and lh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts