Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice to meet you all, I hope some3one out there can help me troubleshoot why I keep blowing A/C systems 3 in 3 years?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it ends up with what they call "black death" check your fan clutch. I had a Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins do the same thing. My fan clutch was $300 but my A/C was $2200. That would be the only thing I can think of as long as everything was installed and charged properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the 3rd full system since 2018 and an ECN, I have a ulcer, I have a tech helper and we are fixing a 2002 4.7 vin N Durango, 2 WD I think it is in the power mode as the damage was done by a Master ASE and he now tells me he only has 3 years back, I have 12 on his paper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just curious where are you buying the parts from? It's tough to diag a/c without knowing what the pressures are doing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A1 Cardone, etc, all parts are new, snap-on for Dia. I am slowly trying to restore the Durango, I did have a friend that has a shop and he is MC ASE, but man I am still trying to fix his repairs. So the system is finally throwing me a code of P1598, a/c sensor fault. Compressor froze up bearings fried and reed valves went out ticking. and this was after I put in a new a/c cooling fan, 20 of good. I found a sensor female lead but where it goes I have no clue. it is the module on the passenger side above the receiver drier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A1 cardone is the worst parts ever made I would start there lol I was an Ase certified technician and I refused A1 cardone more than once on vehicles I repaired. Never had any luck at all with them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also 110 is very high for the low side. Look for restrictions with a pyrometer. But it could be a trash compressor too. What's ambient temp outside at the time of pressure check? 110 is pretty low for the high side unless it's very cold outside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I had just finished putting in four seasons cooling fan for the condenser it ran great for 20 minutes and that is when the a/c compressor screeched out and went valve tapping. The mystery a/c transducer was cycling, all was well then squat and went to the grave. Ambient air 50 degrees, a crap compressor for sure, so it looks like a new compressor, drier,
expansion valve, and condenser. suck it down let it hold vacuum and flush what is flushable. My last compressor was a Sanden and that clutch fried. Any suggestions on what parts you like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts