Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Just joined as this problem has been driving me nuts. I had my mechanic tell me a had a blown Passenger Pretensioner about a year ago, he said to take it to a dealer so they could run the exact codes and diagnose the problems. I went to the dealer, they told me it'd be around $1k to diagnose and fix if it was indeed the Pretensioner.

Recently I decided to sell the truck and sent the pretensioner to an online service that repaired it. Reinstalled, fired it up, lights still on.

Not sure if I need to reset the computer a certain way, everything provided by the online service is general and not specific to Dodge.

Cruise control works, horn works, not sure if it could still be the clockspring if that's up and operational.

Thanks for any help, I don't want to blindly start repairing other components or messing around with the wire harness if I don't need to.

Cheers - Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello All, Just joined as this problem has been driving me nuts. I had my mechanic tell me a had a blown Passenger Pretensioner about a year ago, he said to take it to a dealer so they could run the exact codes and diagnose the problems. I went to the dealer, they told me it'd be around $1k to diagnose and fix if it was indeed the Pretensioner.

Recently I decided to sell the truck and sent the pretensioner to an online service that repaired it. Reinstalled, fired it up, lights still on.

Not sure if I need to reset the computer a certain way, everything provided by the online service is general and not specific to Dodge.

Cruise control works, horn works, not sure if it could still be the clockspring if that's up and operational.

Thanks for any help, I don't want to blindly start repairing other components or messing around with the wire harness if I don't need to.

Cheers - Nick
Nick. I had an issue with the airbag light on my 01. Turned out to be the light on the airbag dash switch. Bulb burned out and it set the warning light. Had to replace the switch as the bulb is soldered in.

SB

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You need a scan tool that can read/reset the airbag codes.

From the FSM:

Proper diagnosis and testing of the airbag system components, the PCI data bus, the data bus message inputs to and outputs from the ElectroMechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC) or the Airbag Control
Module (ACM), as well as the retrieval or erasure of a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) from the ACM requires the use of a DRBIII scan tool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts