Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, So one day my Dakota' check gauge's light comes on and volt meter drops to low, I check voltage at the Alternator and at the battery, both are reading 11.86 volts, so I replace the Alternator with an original equipment one, And check all the connections to make sure they're clean in type, I drive the vehicle around the block And the same exact thing happens again, at home I check the voltage and its exactly the same as before, So now I connect my code scanner which say no codes, now I check the on board scanner and it produces the code P0622, any ideas? Do you think if I changed the PCM it might alleviate the problem, I'm 66 years old I worked on a lot of cars in my time new and old This one is very baffling I need This vehicle to run it's all I have, Any help with the situation would be greatly appreciated,

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
431 Posts
Try another battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I replaced the battery and nothing changed, Today I am replacing the new alternator under warranty as the reader says that the regulator is not working

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
431 Posts
Except you had the same problem before replacing the alternator... I'd look for bad grounds at the alternator, bad battery cable terminals, anyway I hope the new alternator fixes it for you but I'm not optimistic.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Check the Battery Temp sensor. Located under the battery.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
431 Posts
Excellent suggestion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts