Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been Having problems with consistent heat. . my temp is normal, just past the first mark,. I have flushed my heater. today I drove about 20 miles and I took the temperature control and turned it down and up several times and I got amazing heat. got home and felt heater hoses and they are normal and equal almost, Anyone know how the temperature control works. No cables, just electrical. I don't think there is a heater control valve so what does it control. I am at a loss why I got great heat today and usually do not get heat with blower over 2 clicks up.

· Registered
2004 dakota 4.7l cold air, cat back, 545rfe trans detroit locker on a 9.25 265/70r17
70 Posts
I have been Having problems with consistent heat. . my temp is normal, just past the first mark,. I have flushed my heater. today I drove about 20 miles and I took the temperature control and turned it down and up several times and I got amazing heat. got home and felt heater hoses and they are normal and equal almost, Anyone know how the temperature control works. No cables, just electrical. I don't think there is a heater control valve so what does it control. I am at a loss why I got great heat today and usually do not get heat with blower over 2 clicks up.
Depends on the year but on my 2004 dakota on the HVAC box under the dash there are several actuator motors that move doors to change hot/cold vent/floor/defrost and freshair/recirculate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts