Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I searched, but didn't come up with much. I recently bought an 01 Durango and EVERYTIME the rear suspension flexes, I hit a bump or a dip I get this aweful creak/squeak as well as the truck bounces a little more than it should. At first I was wondering if it was maybe the shocks, but would the shocks make any noise? What do you all think it may be? It's kinda embarassing and bad enough as to when I pull up a driveway at ~5MPH and the rearend flexes a little it even does it.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've had this as well at times. I basically lube up the leaf springs and around the shackles, and it seems to go away. Jack up the rear to take the tension off the springs, and get a can of lube and spray in between all the leafs. Spray the bushings as well. This works for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. The dealer I bought the truck from said they'd look at it, but I guarantee you they "Wouldn't be able to find it". If the lube does work how long does that usually last and what did you use to lube the springs/bushing up?

·
Registered
375 Posts
It usually last a couple of months i guess. Last time i did it i used stuff call fluid film i believe was the name of it. Looked like veg. oil and had a nice smell too....lol. Works alright. I've read some people have used brake fluid on this and has worked great for them. I haven't tried this myself. Next time i need to though, i'm gonna try either the brake fluid or some litium grease.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I was wondering if white lith would work. I'm gonna try this out because I know for a fact they won't fix it. Assholes.

G

·
dkrick

we recently had the same problem, on our 02 durango the leafspring had snaped in two at the radius were it is bolted into the body.check the under side of the leafspring right where it is bolted into the body.It is NOT NOTICABLE inless you get underneath it and feel with your hand inside the mount.if you find it is snaped DO NOT DRIVE IT...it is very dangerous the whole weight of your vehical is supported by nomore than a .75" of steel that has already snapped,if it should break while driving you will fuckin crash,your wheel will go up into your wheel well and your suspension will rip away completly I dont have to tell you the rest,VERY SERIOUS...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I found out my problem. The rear shackle and where the leaf bolted to the shackle was broken. The dealer I bought it from replaced it all and truck rides great and no more noise :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.