Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Timothy 6:6-16
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bunch of threads from this board and very impressed with the amount of help I was able to find. I am having some of what seams to be typical Hard Steering. I through the research am going to change the fluid out first, then the pressure switch. The rack is not leaking, nor is the pump. The pump is circulating fine, so I figure it prollay the fluid gummed up or that switch. Does all this sound logical ? I just bought this 2001 SLT 4.7 8 passenger with 198,000 and want to iron out the problems before I put it on the road. I also found a vacuum line from the throttle body down to a small junction fitting is cracked and leaking bad. Would that affect the steering, and or the brakes? Reason I ask about the brakes is I see the Brake Booster draws vacuum off the intake before the line that is bad. It runs so good, can't believe the engine don't tick, nothing and the body is in great shape except for the rear hatch. Thanks for the help Leonard :)

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got my Rango home today. I changed out the fluid and ran it some, and it's almost 100 percent better steering.Switch coming next payday. I also changed out my vacuum line that was crappy.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started the Rango up last night , well night for me but morning for most..lol It was 26 degree's out and the steering was perfect . I think for the price of the pressure switch I'm gonna still swap it out. Can't wait to get this on the road next week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts