Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 dodge durango an the interior lights shut off as soon as you turn the key off even if the door is open they shut off only way they will stay on is the key has to be turned on. the key pad works great an horn sounds by factory alarm but i cant figure out why the lights shut right off would sumbody plz tell me how to fix this problem thanks alot guys:huh:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The lights all are controlled through the CTM - central timer module. Sounds like something has failed internally.

Do they work normally if the key is on?

From the FSM: Interior Light Features - The CTM provides control of courtesy lamps and dome lamps. This includes support for a timed illuminated entry with fade-to-off, interior lighting delay, courtesy illumination defeat, and battery saver features.

It could be a power problem to the CTM. Check all the fuses for the CTM, there are 4. 2 in the junction block by the drivers door #'s 5 (20 amp) and 11 (10 amp). 2 more are in the PDC under the hood, 3 and 12, (both 20 amp).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the lights work fine with the key on. ill check fuses when i get home also where is the ctm located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts