Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is a bunch thanks!

1. Sway bar? Anyone have any good suggestions for better than oem sway bars? I want front and back as well as the sway bar links. If you have a site that may have what im looking for then please post the web site link!

2. Leaf springs: same here im looking for better than oem and I want to lift the truck a little with these please post web site link wher I can find them.

3. Struts: I see bilstein struts are favored I may just nab them. any suggestions here for something better around the same price range?

4. Body lift: can this be diy? I am mechanically inclined and usually do all my own repairs myself is ther any special tools required? What can be done to raise this truck without spending $$$$'s I heard about adding a leaf and torsion bar twist what else can be done?any and all info would be great. Links also appreciated.

Thank you all in advance I look forward to doing this work :).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hotchkiss made a good sway bar kit, not sure if they still do.

I'm not sure on the leaf springs but there are many choices on shocks. I went with Bilstein mainly because they were on sale at the time. I also have good dependability out of Monroe and Rancho shocks, with Rancho being the most expensive (in my area).

The T/S lift is fairly straight forward. You crank up the torsion bars in the front, and add 2" belltech 9400 (? or another brand) to the rear. I believe each full turn on the torsion bar bolt cranks it up 1/4" in height. There are several threads on the T/S lift, including a "how to".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the insight I found a body lift kit on sale :) I can't find the sway bar but ill contact them and see if they still have the mold so to say. I've got my mind made up on these parts now :). I just have to find a how to for the body lift (im prob going to attempt it myself seeing how most ppl report it only taking them 3-5 hours 5 being with difficulties.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts