Dakota Durango Forum banner

2001 Dodge Dakota locks going nuts

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  herbS 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota SLT my door locks are constantly trying to lock I traced all the wires and can’t find a short or broke wire anywhere and with all wires disconnected from the switches on both passenger and driver door the locks still keep trying to lock. I even wrapped every wire in electrical tape trying to cover up a small break I didn’t see and that didn’t help. Any ideas would be helpful

#8 ·
I've read a few CTM related posts on the other Dakota forum, and by one member in particular who states that the CTM is a breeze to change and affordable on ebay. The caveat he lists is to look at the part number on your CTM and to make sure that you are ordering the same part number.

#12 ·
Well here is the post I was thinking of

and in this post he doesn't indicate that you do need to do any programming.
In another post on this forums about CTMs, the matter of programming seems to be up in the air.

OldMarine (who I was referring to) is quite knowledgeable, and I'd almost pretty much take his advice on most everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.