Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help in troubleshooting a recent acquisition from a family friend.

The truck is a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7L with the 45RFE and 4x4.

Truck was driving along fine in 2H down the road then apparently acted like it went into neutral.

Truck was towed to their home where it has sat for a few months before it was given to me and battery died so could not retrieve any codes.

I did some preliminary reading and had the truck towed to my place and replaced both filters and performed a fluid flush.

Unfortunately this did not magically correct the issues, I had seen some posts where the spin on filter was causing issues for individuals. The fluid was reasonably clean but did have some material in the oil but suspect it had not been serviced in several years. No codes from the attempts to move it in/out of the garage yet either which is odd, my other Dakota is all to happy to throw codes at me to start with.

I'm wondering what to do next. Truck does not roll in Park so the T-case must be fine though it does not show a light in 2H or 4H or 4L when attempting to move the knob inside truck.

Does nothing in reverse or forward gears.

Fluid level was topped up to correct level sitting on a level surface in Neutral with Mobil 1 ATF +4.

I have had numerous Dodge/Chrysler vehicles over the years and am mechanically inclined, hoping for some insight on this truck as my other Dakota is an R/T so the 4x4 stuff is all new to me on this unit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts