Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in a while, at a stop light, the engine will shake pretty bad. The tach doesn't indicate anything, looks normal. It feel like it could even stall...

I do have an engine light on, a code 0051, something to do with a O2 sensor.

Any ideas? I hate it when it does this!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay guys, I really need some help with this. I went back to the place I got my wheels, thinking I needed a front rebalance (which they did without question) because of a vibration.

It is still there today, and I got the feeling that it might be from the engine, an extension of the rough idle problem.

I am going to pull my plugs this evening and take a look, but anyone have any othr ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
BlackDak said:
I do have an engine light on, a code 0051, something to do with a O2 sensor.

Any ideas? I hate it when it does this!

Yeah, replace the bad O2 sensor. ;)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HO2S Heater Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1

This is the code description I am getting. I have been researching this and may have found something. I'll post what I have found so far for future reference.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/ho2smonitor.htm

This page goes into detail on how an 02 sensor works, specifically, a heated sensor, which is what we have, according to the code I pulled.

Bottom line, the voltage being too low indicates that the sensor is reading low fuel or high oxygen condition. I have a leak at my header flange, which could be introducing excess oxygen, it could be sucking it in as the exhaust gases flow out of the head. The code never came up until a week or two after I installed my headers. The leak has been there from the very beginning, although it is sceduled to be repaired ths coming week.

I will wait until after th repair is made, reset the computer and see what happens. This is cheaper than an $89 sensor, at least.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That makes sense, also any leak that close to the head is not a good thing as exhaust valve damage can also occur due to the cooler air being introduced.
Keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.