Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on Durango durability. How many miles can you expect out of a Dodge? We bought our Durango 1 ½ years ago with 47k miles, it now has 75k. We’ve put brakes all and shocks all around, new front rotors. I recently changed the rear differential with Amsoil synthetic to help with the grinding noise, seems to have helped. The rear did not show any extraordinary wear. This is a third car for us that we use primarily to haul or dogs to dog shows or hunt tests with, so it gets primarily highway mileage. I have heard many people talk about reliability and durability issues with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, so if properly taken care of what do people get out of these? I know I will probably need and exhaust system in a few months and new tires before the winter. Are there certain things to watch out for that seem to fail pretty regularly? Thanks.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
these trucks are nothing but durable. I have a ton of modes done to mine, and i have had no problems. So if mine can handel all the modes i have done to it, urs should not be a problem for u.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We have a 2002 Durango, my wife uses it daily driving 120 miles per day, it just hit 60k and we have not had a single problem with it. We do change the oil religiously every 3k miles and do all the recomended service to it. The only thing we've changed is tires and brakes.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I've got a 99 with 75K on it. Still going strong. I have one rule. take care of it and it'll take care of you.

rock

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a 98 with 98000 miles and still halls like no other

·
Registered
509 Posts
jrgreen5859 said:
I have a question on Durango durability. How many miles can you expect out of a Dodge? We bought our Durango 1 ½ years ago with 47k miles, it now has 75k. We’ve put brakes all and shocks all around, new front rotors. I recently changed the rear differential with Amsoil synthetic to help with the grinding noise, seems to have helped. The rear did not show any extraordinary wear. This is a third car for us that we use primarily to haul or dogs to dog shows or hunt tests with, so it gets primarily highway mileage. I have heard many people talk about reliability and durability issues with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, so if properly taken care of what do people get out of these? I know I will probably need and exhaust system in a few months and new tires before the winter. Are there certain things to watch out for that seem to fail pretty regularly? Thanks.

jrgreen5859,

My 01' Durango just rolled 51 grand and is waiting for it's 52 service. No big problem yet and I need/hope it runs for a good 150-200. Use synthetic oil religiously in the motor and chance it every 3000 miles. Good luck and be strong.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
just make sure you change the tranny fluid/filter and it should keep roll'n

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife's 1998 5.9 Durango 175 k no major problems :mullet:

·
Home Owner....