Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up blew a serpentine belt replaced my alternator would not charge and it overheated took it to garage. Said I had the belt on backward it was turning alternator wrong way and clutch would not engage on the fan. I did not know they would stay on and run if on the wrong way. Feel like an idiot just a heads up because I searched many forums trying to figure it out and never found the answer,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you found the answer ? These two days I have also met this question.
I guess the old altenator should be replaced according to some article on the internet
I plan to take it to the local dealer to confirm by tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a heads up blew a serpentine belt replaced my alternator would not charge and it overheated took it to garage. Said I had the belt on backward it was turning alternator wrong way and clutch would not engage on the fan. I did not know they would stay on and run if on the wrong way. Feel like an idiot just a heads up because I searched many forums trying to figure it out and never found the answer,
Impossible if the belt was installed groove side down on both the crank and alternator pulleys, regardless of the routing or installation on the other pulleys. This would defy all the natural laws of physics. Find a new shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts