Dakota Durango Forum banner

2000 dakota rt body slt frame 4x4 4.7

601 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  2000dakota4x4rt 
#1 · (Edited)
So I bought a wrecked rt not realizing it was actually body swap to a 4x4 anyway is there any mod you guys would recommend to give it more power I have cold air intake flowmaster cat back duals not sure as far as anything else just curious what you guys have gotten and the performance gains 4.7l
Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
What year is it? For the 4.7 going to an HO intake manifold or 2004+ intake adds some power, the 2008+ intake a bit more, but requires an adapter for your throttle body. HO cams are a good bump in power, but they are tricky to find. With those size tires are gear would likely do wonders, but is pricey.

Reactions: 2000dakota4x4rt
#3 ·
It's a 2000 4.7 i just got the timing put back together all new I. Hoping the previous owner geared it when they body swapped it we'll see after I get her running then I'll decide what route to take. I was wondering about like bully dog or something like a programmer but everything with a screen is 3-500

#5 ·
I’d say for minor mods, a superchips tuner would be fine, that does seem to be the usual price though. and with it being a 2000 you could upgrade to a newer throttle body, yours is 65mm and they went up to 68 I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.