Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
I second the PCM issue, there really isn't going to be much of anything you can see just by looking at it, if I were you and all signs continue to point at that, I'd just order a replacement and slap it in, there's no labor involved and if your truck continues to stall you kinda check off the PCM but you're only out like $100. I know it sucks to throw parts at your truck aimlessly but when my PCM was going haywire I assumed it to be the terminals, because sometimes screwing around with them was enough to get me going again. I tried changing the huge plastic blocks going into the computer because my truck my backfiring like crazy and stalling out. Finally I went on car-part.com and ordered a used replacement with the same 5 digit code (mine was 377AC I think) for $100 and after putting it in, I haven't had problem since and that was back in like 2015. In my 1997 I didn't need any reprogramming and even my oem security system worked after the swap. Hope this helps

· Registered
396 Posts
And not to take away from immatjt's suggestion, but if you order a cheap used replacement you can continue using the truck as you see comfortable, with sending out your computer, it's gonna be a large paperweight in your driveway for at least a week and with the shipping costs and diagnosis fee I bet you're in the same ballpark of just buying a used one that you could really always resell if it didn't work out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts