Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
truck has 92,000 miles 3.9 v6 auto trans it sometimes acts like it goes to netural if you kick it down like at 25 some times 40 mph it starts going then rpms jump way up then back to normal like a sec or 2 slip but if its driven normal it drives awesome and some times it gets a delayed shift if the transmission is cold the fluid dont smell burnt and is clean and the fluid level is full any help or answers apreciated thanks everyone. PS it dont do it every time its like a hit and miss

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can do the simple things like drop the pan and change the filter, fill with new ATF+4 fluid. I would NOT flush it. Change the fluid first and then go from there. There is a article in the Transmission on haw to adjust the bands too with pictures!
A transmission person told me my 99 has a 'older type' seal and drum that acts different when cold. When mine is cold, it doesn't like to go into 3rd gear. I just let it warm up a bit and drive it real easy until up to temp.
Post this on the Transmission forum and (if you havent already) and see if BosRT answers.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts