Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, it has been brought my attention that an individual on eBay is selling a "Timing Advance Kit" with claims of a 20HP gain on the Dodge, GM, and Ford engines. This is a scam and is not worth the money spent as it is a simple resistor which costs no more than 50 cents at your local radio shack. It uses the same trick as the old-fashioned "resistor trick" as described on the IAT Adjuster page. This scam will also make your check engine light come on if any one has been had leave somthing

G

·
The idea behind the design is sorta right, what its supposed to do is dull down the signal your PCM gets from your air meter and then it causes your computer to run the injectors slightly lean, which strains out a bit of power. But its risky, could cause detonation, amongts other problems, and lot of ECU's will learn around it because fuel delivery is based on alot of calculations, not just air flow.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
The rate at which your IAT sensor controls air/fuel would never give you anywhere near 20hp... Bernd Ratsch used to offer a varistor-based IAT adjuster and nobody ever saw any significant gains from them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
actually it dosent lean the injectors it tells the computer the air going into the eng is colder than it really is and colder air is more dence so the comp richens the injectors slightly.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
Harlech said:
To Richen the injectors would rob you of power, the leaner you can run safely the more power your engine makes.
More fuel, more air= more horsepower. That's not a secreat. With regard to the lean comment you made, yes it will run GREAT right up to the point to where the piston/pistons starts to melt. I know you said "safely". But there is no safe limit when you're running the mixture near the lean side. Better fat than lean I say, ready to run another race day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.