Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And by kills i don't mean races won this time...

My dirt road that never gets plowed had about 3 inches of snow on it... and theres a huge hill right in front of my driveway. Many people get stuck all the time.

Well on my way home, I saw a honda in the ditch. I was tempted to leave it, cause its a honda... but I do still have a heart. I wanted to help out... and show that these american cars still save his ass anyway.

Nice guy though... hooked the tow strap up to my right front tow hook and his rear tow hook, pulled him out. Followed him (going to my house), and he couldnt make it up the hill like i suspected. Pushed him up. Saw another one behind me... Plymouth Breeze. Stuck up the hill. Pushed her up as well. Then went home.

Good stuff, Lovin my truck. Any fun pull out stories? (with your trucks, guys...)

yay for michigan weather.

· gettin hearing aids by 30
510 Posts
when you said push, did you mean you pulled them or did you actulay push them?

· LGP
164 Posts
I had a good idea in november to fly my girlfriend from texas into mineapolis minnisota, rather than to grandforks ND, to save 350 bucks. Everything was fine the whole time she was here untill i took her back. Now the reason she came to see me was because i was shipping out to the middle east at 0700 the morning after she left. Well i drop her off and start on the 250 mile trip home. I get 20 miles out, and the stuff hits the fan. Apparently a rain storm chased us all the way there. No problem, excep it rained at 33 degrees, and at this time it was now 26 outside. The roads became a solid sheet of ice. Now the smart thing would be to pull off get a hotel room for the night, and drive back home in the morning, however i really didnt feel like getting an article 15 for missing a troop movement. I managed to drive the 220 miles at a little under 20 mph. Considering i lost my windshield wipers do to the ice build up around mile 30. It was a long day. Luckily after the 13.5 hour trip, the only casulity was the wipers. Who says a 2wd, 360 powered R/T wont drive on ice. ( by the way, durring the trip a saw probably more than 30 4x4 trucks in the ditch, inculding a ranger that almost rolled it after going from the right lane, into the median, back onto the highway, across the highway, into the ditch, back onto the highway, into the fast lane facing me, back across the highway, and back into the ditch. Should of had a dodge, or slowed the Hell down either would of worked)

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, crazy stuff.

When i said pushed, i meant pushed, when i said pulled, i meant pulled.

Pulled the honda out of a ditch, then these two got stuck going up a hill, so i pushed them from behind with the front of my truck.

· Registered
29 Posts
DetroitGTX said:
naw i naked bumpered the baby....

actually, no scratches or damage either. amazing isnt it?
That's going way too above and beyond. Either way, wtg for lending a hand.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
thumpinhard25 said:
Who says a 2wd, 360 powered R/T wont drive on ice. ( by the way, durring the trip a saw probably more than 30 4x4 trucks in the ditch, inculding a ranger that almost rolled it after going from the right lane, into the median, back onto the highway, across the highway, into the ditch, back onto the highway, into the fast lane facing me, back across the highway, and back into the ditch. Should of had a dodge, or slowed the Hell down either would of worked)
alot of peopel think beings they have a 4x4 they can haul butt in snow and ice. they dont realize that 4x4 is useless on ice. my mom found out the hard way on a icy hill. she thought she could anyhting in a 4wd car. well she learned like alot of peopel do. spinning out of controll and finding that ditch.

I doubt they would of gave you an article 15 for missing the deployment. jsut have to call them and explain about the weather and your situation. I am sure you would get a butt reaming and maybe a LOC or a LOR but not a ARTY 15. after all I am sure they wanted you safe than dead. they want that pleasure for themselves
:sorry:

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Pulled a taurus out of a 12 foot ditch yesterday, they went into the ditch backwards and blew out their left rear tire. The ditch had a good 60 degree bank...

1 guy and 3 girls.....the girls were like "like oh my god like u think the truck will pull it like yea oh my god like wow look at that its pulling it like whoa hes dragging it down the highway"

When i came up on them they were all flopping out of the car as they had just went into the ditch...they were all staring at it like if they look at it long enough it will work its way out...

I think thats #3 or 4 so far this winter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.