Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get a lowering kit for my 2000 2wd slt ext. cab, currently sets on 20" wheels with 275/45/20 tires. I already have toxic shocks. Was looking at going with belltech or djm. What suggestions does anybody have?

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got the 2/4 Belltech Drop w/Nitro Active Shocks. Rides good, but I'm running the stock 16's. However, I'm getting some tire rub on the front. Anybody else having that problem? If so, other that switching to a shorter tire up front, what else can I do? Any ideas.
:help:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Are you rubbing on the inside of the wheel well, or along the edge where the fender flares normally sit? If it's the latter, you can "roll the fenders" which essentiall bends the sheet metal back slightly to clear the tires. I've never done it so hopefully someone with some experience doing it will chime in or you can find more info on Google or such.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, the driver's side was the outer edge, where the flare sits, but that was "fixed". There was a piece of metal hanging lower that the rest of the flare causing a "bump" in the flare. That was pushed back up, so now the flare isn't slicing into my tire. I am getting the fenders rolled, but it is also rubbing on the inner well. However, the only time that happens is when I hit a big bump or pot hole (close to when it bottoms out), but it still makes me cringe everytime I hear that noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts