Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's exactly what mine does and the Dodge mechanic keeps telling me there's nothing they can do about it. I'd love to hear something definitive that I can take back to him and say "here, see this? Replace that!"

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I haven't tried that, the same mechanic said that adjusting the TV cable will alter the shift pattern and cause it to "hunt" for gears at slower, parking lot, speeds. I don't want to do anything to the truck that will void the warrantee. What exactly does flash the PCM do? Is this an aftermarket thing?

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Well, if you bring your truck in and they mess around with the pcm after you get the flash, there's a chance they could re-program the pcm back to stock. Then you lost your $430 you spent on the flash. As long as you dont let them touch it you should be fine, and if they say anything about something on your truck that voids the warrenty, make them prove that it voids it otherwise they have no reason to deny you service.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta URL for B&G to see what they have to say?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The TV cable adjustment did not help mine. I think my problem is mechanical due to the fact I have a Hypertech and have lowered the shift points in the trans as much as -500rpm and I had no effects on the 1-2 shift. 2-3 and 3-4 were effected though. I hope its the TV spring in the valve body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in my '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2 with the 44RE after I installed the TransGo shift kit. For me it was the governor pressure transducer, Wayne at APS helped me troubleshoot this over the phone, I bought the new part and also replaced the output speed sensor and the solenoid in the trans, now it shifts really well. I have seen this same problem several times on other forums, if the adjustment to the tv cable doesn't fix it, try the new sensor.

·
Montana Dodge's BFF
2,196 Posts
If the dealer said they couldn't fix it,go to another dealer.Ther is a TSB out about this problem,what it basically says is to replace the govener pressure sensor and transducer.Also says to test some other stuff that i don't rember right now.Any good dealership should be aware of this common problem and fix.If your vehicle is under warranty they are just playing dumb till it is out of warr.

DEPUTY

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was having this issue and took my truck into the dealer to fix it among a few other things like it shifting into 3rd at 3300 rpm instead of getting up near 5k like it should, The truck dosnt bounce off the rev limiter anymore and they did replace the whole engine in the deal because of loss of compression on 3 cylinders. Now the truck has the power it should but the 2nd to 3rd shift screws everything up bad and kills acceleration. Have any of you guys had this issue and what did you do to fix it? i cant afford to get a pcm flash right now but what about a superchips tuner?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had the same problem with my dakota and i took it in to the dealership and there was a vacume line that was unhooked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts