Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello yall, just found this site it's kinda like Memphisracing and 8thcivic. Well let me get started I now own a 2001 dodge Durango I love it only have had it for like 4 days. It hunter green fully loaded with heated leather seats , 4x4 the whole 9 yards. The stoy behind that is I traded a project 1989 Honda crx si for the Durango stright up. I have had Che y z71 bout 3 of them an bout 3 hondas but I can tell u I already love the dodge. Mods for it are comming very soon as a lift an mis. Parts mostly engine mods. Just give me some pointers let me know what is good an not. Keep in mind this is my first dodge. Peace yall as more ?s if u want

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
welcome!!! what motor the 5.2 5.9 or the 4.7???? there is a lot of support for these motors/trucks
only gunna have a problem with a lift. if u want to go higher than 3 in suspension your probably going to have todo a sas (solid axle swap) unless your like rebel (he'll be posting a random pic soon) and have midgets holding your truck up. best bet is to do a shackle lift with add-a-leaf and crank your torsion bars about 3in lift than do a 3in body lift

and join the 5 door whore group

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 4.7 , it's the smallest v8 I Have ever had. I have 383 in my z71 350 in the other one. So u don't recommend the 5.5 inch lift

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
the 5.5 lift will only work on the 98-99 bc dodge changed some things up. went from a steering box set up to a rack and pinion set up. you'd have to change your whole steering system

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that sux o well. I will do a 3 inch lift an 33s an 20 inch wheels. A better exhaust a programer an a CAI. For now.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:clapper:
Good to see another Durango owner on here.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!

Carolina all the way! Atleast Carolina broke even :jester:, I don't think Delhomme will be starting next year...

·
Hunting Is Life!!
16,662 Posts
Welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts