Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1st Time Mopar Owner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Dakota Quad Cab 4X4 and got it state inspected. In order to pass inspection it needed a new rack and pinion, front shocks, alignment, headlight, tag light. I had all the work performed, tagged/titled it, its on the road now. However, after driving it for about a week it still pulls to the right, even though the alignment was done and I have the comp printout from the shop. About 2 days after it being on the road the Check ENG Light comes on and off intermittently. I hooked it up to a code reader and the following codes appeared. (I looked them up in my Haynes manual)

(In this order)
PO300 Random Misfire Detected
PO301 Cylinder no1 misfire detected
PO303 Cylinder no3 misfire detected
PO420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (left cylinder bank)
PO305 Cylinder no5 misfire detected

The engine idles very well and does not seem to miss at all. Why is all the Cylinders on the left side showing a misfire? The only thing I can think of is maybe an airflow issue with the (clogged) catalytic converter? Maybe an O2 sensor? Anybody ever run into something similar? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Ghetto Bomber
300 Posts
3.9, right? If that's the case, left bank 02 sensor might be the ticket. Clogged cat per 0420 might be incidental as it wouldn't affect one bank only, but it probably isn't helping.

·
1st Time Mopar Owner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a 3.9L V6 Magnum. I'll try replacing the O2 Sensor see if that clears it. I'll post the results once its done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts